Islam and its Conflict with the Bill of Rights by Jack Kettler
In Islam, and for most Muslims, the mosque and state have always been the same. Why is this? Muhammad started an all-inclusive group of followers, in which he was final arbiter, judge, military commander, and political leader. In light of this, it should not surprise anyone, that there is no separation of church and state in Islam. Because of this, Islam and the Bill of Rights are fundamentally irreconcilable and incompatible.
Today in American, Christian Churches are routinely threatened with the loss of tax exempt privileges for even small amounts of political activity. Islamic mosques on the other hand have complete freedom to operate as outposts of a radical subversive political ideology. Spineless elected representatives’ denials of this does not make it any less so. In this article we will see how Mohammadism is the complete antithesis of freedom of speech, assembly and religion.
Consider Islam’s political authorization which prohibits the religious freedom of Christianity and Judaism:
“O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them.” – Koran 5:51
“Fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)” – Koran 9:5
How can any Muslim who takes these Koranic directives seriously be trusted to secure freedom for Christians and Jews? It cannot be stressed enough that the Koran is a political document which forbids the separation of church and state. It should also be noted that most Islamic nations are theocracies, ruled by the Koran and Sharia law. Those Muslim countries that are not full fledge theocracies are under constant threats to have their governments toppled and an Islamic theocracy imposed. Syria is one such case where you see Jihadist rebels trying to overthrow a secular Muslim government.
One of the original Muslim Brotherhood’s most revered theologians has said:
“There is only one law which ought to be followed, and that is the Sharia.” – Syed Qutb
Can a Muslim be a good citizen and respect the American Bill of Rights?
“A Muslim has no nationality except his belief.” – Syed Qutb
Qutb’s political views always centered on Islam as a complete system of morality, justice and governance, whose Sharia laws and principles should be the sole basis of governance and everything else in life
Consider another Islamic theologian who concurs with Qutb:
“Islam wishes to destroy all states and governments anywhere on the face of the earth which are opposed to the ideology and program of Islam regardless of the country or the nation which rules it. The purpose of Islam is to set up a State on the basis of its own ideology and program.” – Syed Abul A’ala Maududi
Maududi (1903-1979) was a writer, journalist, theologian, scholar, political philosopher and Muslim leader in India and Pakistan.
How is Sharia law implemented and what are the consequences?
Sharia law is to be handled or administered by Islamic leaders. Sharia law prescribes an unjust set of laws. One set of laws for Muslims and another set for infidels (Christians and Jews). Sharia law institutes a discriminatory tax, called jizya, on non-Islamic religions and nations.
This clearly spelled out in Mohammad’s Koran:
“Fight those who believe not in Allah…until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” – Koran 9:29
Non-Muslims have discriminatory taxation with no representation under Sharia law.
How can the Christian West respond to and counter this Islamic subversive political threat?
The Declaration of Rights found in the Maryland Constitution provides an answer:
Declaration of Rights, Maryland Constitution
Text of Article 36:
“That as it is the duty of every man to worship God in such manner as he thinks most acceptable to Him, all persons are equally entitled to protection in their religious liberty; wherefore, no person ought by any law to be molested in his person or estate, on account of his religious persuasion, or profession, or for his religious practice, unless, under the color of religion, he shall disturb the good order, peace or safety of the State, or shall infringe the laws of morality, or injure others in their natural, civil or religious rights; nor ought any person to be compelled to frequent, or maintain, or contribute, unless on contract, to maintain, any place of worship, or any ministry; nor shall any person, otherwise competent, be deemed incompetent as a witness, or juror, on account of his religious belief; provided, he believes in the existence of God, and that under His dispensation such person will be held morally accountable for his acts, and be rewarded or punished therefore either in this world or in the world to come.
Nothing shall prohibit or require the making reference to belief in, reliance upon, or invoking the aid of God or a Supreme Being in any governmental or public document, proceeding, activity, ceremony, school, institution, or place. Nothing in this article shall constitute an establishment of religion.” (emphasis mine)
The reader should note the qualification that would allow the state to ban Islamic Sharia law and any political subversive agenda of Islamic supremacy: “unless, under the color of religion, he shall disturb the good order, peace or safety of the State, or shall infringe the laws of morality, or injure others in their natural, civil or religious rights…”
The Maryland Constitution’s Declaration of Rights is one example how the political agenda of Islam can be curtailed. This because the political agenda of Islam most certainly does “disturb the good order…infringe the laws of morality, or injure others in their natural, civil or religious rights…”
How does Islam injure others in their enjoyment of natural, civil or religious rights? In the Christian West we understand that “Natural rights,” articulated in our Bill of Rights come from God.
Consider the following small sampling of Sharia laws and and ask yourself if they can reconciled with the First Amendment (Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression), Fifth (Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings), Sixth (Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses), Seventh (Trial by Jury in Civil Cases), Eight (Cruel and Unusual Punishment), Ninth (Construction of Constitution), and Tenth Amendments (Powers of the States and People):
1. Jihad, or “to war against all non-Muslims to establish the religion” and is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (the Caliph). Violation of the First Amendment
2. A Muslim who leaves Islam (apostasy) must be killed. Violation of the Eighth Amendment
3. Honor killing for offenses against Islam are permitted. Violation of the First Amendment
4. A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim. Violation of the Fifth Amendment
5. Sharia law does not abolish slavery. In reality it furthers it. Violation of the First Amendment
6. Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims and must comply with Sharia poll tax requirements if they are to remain protected in Islamic societies. Specifically, they are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, even reciting their own religious scriptures, or openly celebrating their religious holidays and funerals. Violation of the First Amendment
7. Non-Muslims are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. A non-Muslim can be killed if he proselytizes a Muslim away from Islam. Violation of the First Amendment
8. It is a crime to say anything derogatory about Allah and his Prophet, or expose the contradictory points of Islam. Violation of the First Amendment
9. Defiance on the part of the wife invalidates the husband’s responsibility to support her. It is also gives him permission to beat her, and keep her from leaving the home. Violation of the Eighth Amendment
10. Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and be initiated by simply saying: “I divorce you.” Violation of the Seventh Amendment
11. The testimony of a woman in court is half the value of a man. Violation of the Seventh Amendment
12. A woman looses custody of children if she remarries. Violation of the Seventh Amendment
14. To prove rape, a woman must have four male witnesses. Violation of the Sixth Amendment
15. Female circumcision or genitalia mutilation is widespread in Islamic countries. Violation of the Eighth Amendment
The following fine article demonstrates in further detail how does Sharia law violates our Bill of Rights:
Sharia Law and our Bill of Rights
October 9, 2012
By Mike Ebert
Sharia Law is Islamic religious law; the law of Allah. It is a body of commands that, if followed, “will provide a path to salvation”. Sharia means the “path to water”, or from Arabic History “the straight path to an oasis”. Sharia laws were created in the 8th Century and remain the holy law of Islam.
Our Bill of Rights was first submitted to Congress on September 25th, 1789. There were twelve original proposed amendments submitted to the state legislatures and ten were ratified and became effective on December 15, 1791.
The first most glaring contradiction with American law is the First Amendment; Sharia Law is the antithesis of our law i.e. “Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibit the exercise thereof… .” We have communities in America whom have been allowed to practice Sharia Law which tramples our rights and liberties as Americans and enforces its own legal system upon Americans.
Fifth, Sixth, Seventh & Eight Amendments regarding juries, prosecutions, speedy trials, excessive fines and cruel punishment: Sharia Law has its own set of major and minor offenses and punishments. Some of these crimes are published in our local media. One outstanding one this year was where a Muslim ran over his daughter for dressing and behaving like a westerner. Also killing one’s wife for adultery or setting a friend’s flat afire for blaspheme are acceptable behaviors. All are justified under Sharia Law. Sharia Law is derived from four main sources, the Qur’an, the Hadith (the record of actions and sayings of Muhammad), the Ijima (consensus of Islamic Scholars and Qiyas (reasoning that uses modern analogies to apply precedence). Why has Nidal Hasan, the army officer (“suspected”) who killed 13 at Fort Hood in 2009 not seen a jury trial yet? Most probably, because we have a Muslim in our White House, and Hasan was just practicing his rights as a Jihadist as instructed in the Qur’an. Allah’s laws overrule our rule of law. We shall not see a trial while we have a Muslim POTUS.
Ninth & Tenth Amendment, the enumeration of the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people (10th re: States): This Administration is disparaging the laws of the people left and right in many states including several laws here in Arizona. Sharia Law dictates dietary standards, marriage, disallows freedom of speech, mandates a dress code, fasting, zakat, slavery, enterprise limits and standards.
Our Bill of Rights protects us from all that Sharia Law wishes to impose upon American citizens. How is it possible, in the name of a religion, is this allowed to occur in our country?
End or of Mike Ebert’s Article
Sharia law is a man made system of law with its roots in hell! We must demand our political leaders stop vomiting out political correctness when they talk about Islam!
People that tell you Islam is a religion of peace are only announcing their ignorance… Brigitte Gabriel
Getting back to a strategy to defeat this tyranny, not only does the section of the text in Article 36 of the Maryland Constitution quoted give us a strategy, so does Congresswoman Sue Myrick in her proposal of Anti-Terrorism Agenda For America.
North Carolina Congresswoman Sue Myrick (R) has shown incredible personal courage in her effort to fight Islamic extremism, Myrick has created a 10-point action program that she calls the “Wake Up America” plan.
This 10-point plan includes the following proposals:
1. Will call for a government investigation of all US military chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi, (convicted criminal and Islamic supremacist who successfully passed himself off as a moderate to in leaders in the U.S. government).
2. Will call for a government investigation of all US prison chaplains who were approved by Abdurahman Alamoudi.
3. Will call for the Government Accounting Office (GAO) to investigate the selection process of Arabic translators in the FBI and DoD.
4. Will call for the Internal Revenue Service to investigate the Council on American-Islamic Relations’ (CAIR) 501(c)(3) non-profit status which restricts “lobbying on behalf of a foreign government”.
5. Introduce a bill to make the preaching, publication, or distribution of materials that call for the death of American citizens, attacks on the United States Government or Armed Forces, or the financing of the means and/or operations to accomplish these acts, acts of sedition and/or solicitation of treason.
6. Will call on the Government Accountability Office to conduct an audit to verify the total sovereign wealth fund investment in the United States.
7. Will attempt to cancel scholarship student visa program with Saudi Arabia until they reform their textbooks.
8. Will introduce a bill to restrict R-1/R-2 religious visas for imams who come from countries that do not allow reciprocal visits by non-Muslim clergy.
9. Will introduce a bill to cancel contracts to train Saudi police and other security forces in US Counter terrorism tactics until the Saudi’s certify the prosecution of Al Qaeda financiers, like Yasin al-Kadi, and the detention of repatriated Guantanamo terrorists that keep being released into the general population after being “rehabilitated”.
10. Will introduce or sponsor a bill to block the sale of sensitive military munitions, especially Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs), to Saudi Arabia.
If you are still in any doubt about stopping this religiously held subversive political ideology, consider the following quote:
“We don’t make a distinction between civilians and non-civilians, innocents and non-innocents. Only between Muslims and unbelievers. And the life of an unbeliever has no value. It has no sanctity.” – Imam Omar Bakri
The following demonstrates how Muslims treat unbelieving women and violate their civil rights:
Muslim men are taught to be ravenous, violent rapists. Even animals do not do this. Pat Condell is correct…this is cultural jihad. Listen to what he says: at http://actjonesboroar.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/islam-encourages-savage-rapes-of-non-muslim-women/
Are you angry and sick yet?
We know that rape is very common in the Islamic world, because the only people who suffer are the rape victims themselves being sentenced often to death, for being raped. The Muslims have brought their rapist ways to the west, where their God says that all women are fair game for raping except for married covered Muslims. Not, only are women targeted for rape because they are not covered but because Muslims believe they are in a constant battle against the enemy, the free world to spread Islamic law, so all women of that country are considered “war booty”…
This quote comes from Bare Naked Islam! http://www.barenakedislam.com/2009/04/16/rape-by-muslims-epidemic-in-europe-and-headed-this-way-thanks-to-ever-increasing-muslim-immigration-to-the-u-s/
Can we ban Islam in America? Consider the following articles:
Has the time come to ban Islam in America? http://pedestrianinfidel.blogspot.com/2011/07/has-time-come-to-ban-islam-in-america.html
Can We Ban Islam? – Legal Guidelines for the Criminalization of Islam in the United States http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/10830
In conclusion, we must educate our fellow citizens about the dangers facing our nation from Islamic Supremacy. We can do this by supporting those who have come out of Islam and promoting their web sites and article. Keep the pressure on Congress to wake up and reverse what appears to be a suicide death wish they have help initiate.
Mr. Kettler is an ordained Presbyterian Elder and the owner of http://www.Undergroundnotes.com where his theological, philosophical and political articles can be read. He has worked in corporate America for over 30 years and is now realizing his dreams as a successful home business entrepreneur. Permission is hereby granted to reprint this article as long as my web site is retained in the biographical information.
Top Twenty Business Builder Award Winner!
Curious, for an automatic e-mail reply go to: Jack@KettlerWellness.com